Promo

Promo

Thursday, July 30, 2015

When Kunle Afolayan Penned Multi-Million Naira Air France Deal


Afolayan signing as Air France Ambassador


Nigeria’s award winning actor and director, Kunle Afolayan on Wednesday, signed his major deal with Air France, one of Europe’s best airlines, as its ambassador.   

Afolayan signed the international brand endorsement deal at the Lagos, Nigeria’s office of Air France. The exclusive ceremony was witnessed by top executives of the airline, Nollywood and media luminaries.
 IMG-20150729-WA0029

Jean-Raoul Tauzin, General Manager, Air France, said the decision to bring Afolayan on board as its ambassador was borne out of the airline decision to forge  a partnership with the creative industry in Nigeria and connect Nollywood to abundance of opportunities globally.

Speaking on the deal with Nigeria’s top entertainment journal, E24-7, Afolayan, commended the unique steps taken by Air France to get him on board.
He explained how the deal evolved: “This journey started in Paris some weeks ago. The very moment they engaged me, I just started talking about my passion and because they were part of the festival in Paris where I met with the Vice President of Air France, Africa, I was just talking continuously about films and what we can do together. When I got back to Lagos, someone called and said let’s have a chat and there was a bond,” Afolayan stated.
Afolayan with Air France hostesses
 The renowned director also shared a unique experience with the airline before talks on the deal began. His words: “Air France did something quite overwhelming for me. I was meant to go to Los Angeles and those who invited me provided an Economic Class ticket. I tried everything possible to upgrade that ticket, you know how it is with celebrity status but I couldn’t afford to, because it was quite expensive. And as I was making enquiries, I got a call from Air France that they were willing to upgrade me all the way to Los Angeles. That ticket was not a sponsorship ticket; they paid over One Million Naira to get it for me without signing anything. That was before we had reached any agreement on our partnership. And I said to myself, this means that these people (Air France) actually have the interest of, not just me, but the Nigerian entertainment industry at heart.”
Afolayan's friends including Biodun Kupoluyi and Azuka Ogujioba at the ceremony
As Afolayan’s speed up on his next film project, The CEO, to be shot in exotic locations in Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Morocco and South Africa, it was said that Air France will play significant role when the tape starts to roll in August.

All photographs courtesy of E24-7


No comments:

Post a Comment